Students, Faculty and Activists!
Follow this link to
Prostitutes Education Network for materials below, links to book reviews for research and papers, plus the
most comprehensive information about
prostitution on the Web.
Below is a list of some of the materials available on PENet.
1. Prostitution Law Reform: Defining Terms-Legalization, decriminalization and abolition. Defining terms.
2. Prostitution in The United States, The Statistics-Compiled by PENet.
3. International Prostitution Issues- News stories and other accounts
4. Prostitution and Health- Harm Reduction and other services by and for prostitutes, studies and research
5. World Charter For Prostitutes' Rights-International Committee for Prostitutes' Rights, World Charter
6. National Task Force on Prostitution
- Information about the mission of the National Task Force on Prostitution.
- CDC Summaries- Material specifically addressing issues of AIDS and prostitution.
-Bibliography- Compiled by Priscilla Alexander
7. Pony Forum- Supporters of prostitutes rights can contact Prostitutes' of New York through the PONY Forum.
8. San Francisco Task Force on Prostitution reports- Reports include local information regarding jail statistics, violence against women and prostitutes, human rights and prostitution, and Task Force legislation.
9. Police Abuse and Prostitution- Reports about police abuse of prostitutes in San Francisco.
10. Prostitution and Coercion- Defining coercion, current legislation addressing coercion.
11. PENet Video Library - Available videos by and about sex workers, about prostitutes rights, health and safety issues, sex workers as AIDS educators and more.
12. Materials and articles about Trafficking- Resolution For The Decriminalization of Prostitution Regarding Immigrant Issues(Created by Asian AIDS Project in San Francisco), UN Platform for Action- items re: prostitution and pornography, Articles on Trafficking from a prostitutes' rights perspective.
13. Exotic Dancer's Alliance Bulletin- Information about U.S. laws regarding independent contractor vs. employee status, a central issue regarding labor rights of dancers across the U.S. and prostitutes working in legal brothels in Nevada.
14. Stories and Poems by Scarlot Harlot-Literary efforts, poems and prose, describe the life of call girl/activist Carol Leigh.
15. Prostitution, Sex Radical and other books for student research, etc.